These tools of the plugin will help you to safely migrate data from the Simple Ads Manager plugin, clear statistical data table and create and populate DB table of regions.
If you use the plugin Simple Ads Manager, you can migrate all the data from this plugin into the SAM Pro Lite plugin.
The data structure of plugin Simple Ads Manager is different from the data structure of plugin SAM Pro Lite, thus you need to use this tool for safe migration of data.
Migrate Options – force migration of the plugin settings.
Migrate Data – force migration of the plugin main data (exclude statistics).
Migrate Statistical Data – force migration of the plugin statistical data.
Clear target tables before migrating data – It is highly recommended make migration of data into an empty tables of the plugin. Some part of source data can be lost during transfer process if target tables are not empty.
Select options you need and click “Migrate Data” button.
Create the DB table of regions and fill it with data.
If you want to use geo targeting you must create table of regions and fill it with data. Just click button “Fill Data“. If the table is not exists it will be created automatically.
Optionally you can recreate the table before filling data and clear the target table before filling data.
Geo. MMDB File
You can upload your MMDB file onto the server using this tool. Because this file is large (approx 52MB), you should sure that next parameters of PHP on your server let you to upload large files. These parameters are:
- max_execution_time – The maximum time that a script can run. Typically, it is sets to 30-60 seconds. Set 500 sec.
- max_input_time – The maximum time that data can be received on the server. It also is setted to about 30-60 seconds. Set 500 sec.
- upload_max_filesize – The maximum file size that is allowed to be uploaded to the server. This is key tuning, however, contrary to a common misconception, is not the only one necessary for downloading large files in PHP. Set 100M.
- post_max_size – The maximum size of the data being sent. Set 100M.
Why these parameters are important:
- max_execution_time – Here you need to put the time for which the file should be loaded in time. Obviously, the 50MB file size is unlikely to load in 30-60 seconds, so of course, this time should be increased.
- max_input_time – Similarly with max_execution_time . After all, if the at first 60 seconds will be received data, and then stop, then the file will not have time to upload.
- upload_max_filesize – This option usually is changed by all and without problems, however, when nothing changes, they are surprised, and even though it is a key one, nevertheless, the other three are also very important.
- post_max_size – The maximum size of the sent data is also obvious, because if a file is large, then it can not completely be uploaded because of this limitation.
Also you can upload this file via FTP. Upload it into plugin folder
Clear Statistical Data
Reset Statistics – Clearing statistics outside the keeping period. Use this button in case of problems with the automatic cleaning of the statistics table. The data within the keeping period specified by the plugin parameters will not be affected by this action.
Remove Statistics – Complete removal of all statistical data from the statistics table.
© 2015 – 2017, minimus. All rights reserved.